View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 07:31 AM   #14
luvdorkyyorkies
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julz
Have you mixed up a batch of the "post whelping" recipe? I am VERY relieved that her fever has gone down...that was way too high. The recipe has Knox gelatin, clear corn syrup, can milk, egg yolks, vanilla yogurt....very helpful in keeping the female's levels up. Will definetly be looking for the update on what the vet says.
Thanks I didnt try that exact recipe but am sure willing. I did mix up yogurt, eggs, and puppy milk supplement and added a bit of honey yesterday. (I didnt have corn syrup) She wouldnt touch it so I syringe fed it to her probably 10-12cc, give or take a lil due to her spitting some out.

**NOT FOR WEAK STOMACHES** so if you have one dont read this. I took her out for a potty break. She had had the last of the oxytocin injections about an hour ago. When she went to urinate a dime size clear mucusy with red blood and black and greenish flecks came out and cloudy thick fluid But I didnt notice any odor coming from her. I never notcied any plugs or discharge like this before after the injections, but then again she could have licked herself clean before I knew.
After that happened she scratched the ground with her back paws and trotted to the backdoor, came in drank some water and a couple bites of chicken. She is lying with her puppies and sleeping very heavy right now. She seems to be breathing normal, deep and not shallow as she did earlier especially when she had the outrageous fever.
But even if she is doing back flips by the time the afternoon comes (which I doubt) she still needs seen by the vet.
luvdorkyyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!