View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 06:34 AM   #1
0liversMom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Question Need Grooming Advice in Staten Island

I bathe Oliver every 7-10 days, clean his ears, brush his teeth, and brush his coat everyday. However, I don't know how to cut his nails, or rather, I'm afraid to do it myself because I'm not sure how. So, I have to bring him to the vets ofc all the time for nail cutting, which he hates of course, but it has to be done. I've even asked the vet to show me, and she discourages me doing it, saying that it's better if she does it. If in case it's cut too short and bleeds, she takes care of it right there. I'm sure I could be taught the right way, I'm a competent person, and I really want to be able to do it myself, for those times when I just can't get to the vet as quick as I'd like. Another thing is that, I do have the mobile groomer come for his grooming about every 5-6 months. He's pretty easy, since there aren't any matts or anything. The groomer loves doing him! But, still, I'd like to trim him sometimes myself, again, if I don't have the time or money to call her to come, but I'm afraid I'm going to mess his hair up. So......my question is........Does anyone know where on Staten Island I can go to learn to cut nails, and trim when needed. I feel kind of silly asking this, but I really want to learn. I'd appreciate any advice or help.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!