View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
fidola13
Yorkie Talker

Cry my old guy nearly died this am from pancreatitis

and hes not out of the woods yet. bentley is a rescure that ive had for 10 years and is about 14-16 yo nm. he is in decent health except for chronic eye problems. yesterday i gave him some staek to eat because he was picking at his food and i like to spoil him when the younger girls arent looking. around 2am he bagan to vomit and it continuued an & off through tam. my partner took him to the animal hospital ( i work at a human hospital) because he became listless and couldnt stand on his own. i thouht that he was "just" dehydrated. turns out his pancreatic enzymes were high and he was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis. it was on & off all day. his temp was only 96 degrees and he spent the day in an incubator . they had been giving him fluids with stuff in and later an IV fluid w/vit B12 and a pain killer because he seemed uncomfortable.
hi is still "down and out" but they dont have 24 hour staffing so i will be picking him up in 1 hour and checking on him during the night.
he will need subq fluids for the next 2 days at least- hopefully he will pull through- please say a prayer for him- tx sara
fidola13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!