View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 02:38 PM   #5
txshopper73
Donating YT 14K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty
What's wrong with APRI registry?
A lot of people that, for whatever reason, loose their AKC license or forfeit by choice, will choose registries such as APRI, CKC (continental), and smaller registeries since their regulations aren't as strict.

Taken from APRI website:

APRI announces the founding of American Pet Records
America's Pet Registry, Inc. has yielded to the requests of numerous breeders and pet owners to establish a registry service that can accept dogs with known parents but those that do not have documented pedigrees at this time.

This is WHY puppymills use other registeries: (Again, taken from APRI website)

"I recently bought a puppy, and, until I received the papers, I didn't realize it was sold to me with a "limited" registration. I am going to send the papers to the AKC, but was wondering if, once I receive the papers, could I then register the pup with APRI"

APRI will dual register any AKC dog if the breeder/owner is in good standing with AKC. We do not restrict breeding simply because of the limited registration (see comments to previous question). However, we expect pet owners and breeders to refrain from breeding any dog with limited registration if it is limited because of genetic or health problems. All potential pet owners and breeders should seriously question the reason behind any limited registration.

Taken from the CKC (Continental) website:

Canine Registration Applications
Canine Registration Applications are used to apply for Registration in the following circumstances:

1.Dogs which are currently registered with another recognized kennel club may be registered by completing the CKC Canine Registration Application, making a copy of the other kennel club’s Registration papers, and sending them to Continental Kennel Club’s Registration office with the proper Registration fee, or

2.Dogs over 6 months of age which have no previous Registration history may be registered by providing 2 witness signatures attesting to the purebred status of the dog along with 3 photos (front,left and right) of the dog to confirm it is ‘of proper breed type’ as defined by our current CKC Registration Rules and Regulations.

We all know that you can have 3/4 yorkies and 1/4 other small dog mixes and some of these dogs will come out looking like 100% purebreds. It's so easy to register these "mixed" breeds with other registeries.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!