View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 10:45 AM   #4
Paisley's Mommy
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar's Mummy
I went on a big shopping spree at PetSmart this weekend... took both of my babies with me of course! I was really amazed at the selection of clothes they had there - usually the 'picken's are slim' and I've never found anything half decent. This trip I got two little shirts for Ruthie that ACTUALLY FIT! And they're CUTE! By the time I got to the checkout, I had a pretty full cart... and I actually kindof gasped when the girl told me my total... $360 later... I bought a new pen, cleaners, supplies, stuff for the gift exchange and of course some special treats for Oscar and Ruthie. My boyfriend thinks I'm nuts, but I LOVE shopping for my dogs!

Anyways, while I was standing at the checkout, I was holding Ruthie and Oscar was poking his head out of the celltei which was in the cart - a lady who also had a yorkie stopped and ooohed and ahhhed at Ruthie, then at Oscar when she realized I had two. She asked where they came from, how much I paid for them, blah blah blah... She then goes on to say that "that was what she wanted - a small one" but that she didn't want to spend that kind of money. She looked soooo disappointed with her dog! Her dog was CUTE - she had floppy ears and was by no means a BIG dog - looked like a standard size yorkie to me. This lady actually said "hmph... oh well" when she walked away... OH WELL? WOW, this lady couldn't even hide her disappointment! Just because she wasn't tiny? I'm sure she loves her dog, but geez!

I wanted a "small one" too, and Paisley is 7.1lbs (NOT tiny). But she is so perfect for me and I love that she's bigger! That's so sad that someone can't fall in love with their precious puppy based on their personality and affection for THEM as opposed to the size they wanted. Bigger puppies are just as cute!
Paisley's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!