View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 10:28 AM   #9
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanieK
Sounds like you have a right to vent. But maybe your kmother enjoys doing this and it makes her feel needed.

Being a grandmother, and having 6 kids of my own, I am sure the rest of them probably complain to each other about how much I do for the daughter that lives in my same town, all the others have moved away.

some days I would rather not have to watch the kids, but I really believe these kids need me. My daughter and sil are basically lazy and they don't do things with the kids, they spend their money foolishly, they're not wealthy but they could have more if they managed better.

They have 4 kids and live in a very small, (I think my garage is bigger) 2 bedroom house. They are on top of each other all the time. My 7 year old grand daughter shares a tiny bedroom with her two brothers and the baby sleeps in a play pen in my daughters bedroom.

I do it because I feel that the kids need me. They are talking of moving away also, and the thought of it breaks my heart. I've basicalldfy rasied those kids.

I know in my heart she is doing this because she wants to and she does enjoy being with the kids which I don't mind in the least as long as it is what she wants to do. I also know that she's lonely my grandmother has been dead now for 5 years my dad for almost 3 and my grandfather just this past May. But, she has most of her family in VA. My brother lives in NC. My biggest complaint is that she doesn't get to spend any time with her other grandkids. Ethan, my son loves his granny more than anything he has to talk to her everynight before he goes to bed and he would so love just to have her to himself for a few days.

Thanks again everyone.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!