View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 10:08 AM   #1
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Default Sorry I just really need to vent

Forgive me if this is long. Please bear with me.

I talked to my mom last night now keep in mind that she is 64 years old has major back problems has for the last 40+ years. She has had a spinal cord stimulator for the last 5+ years which really helps alot. Last Wed she had to have the battery replaced after 4 1/2 years well they replaced it with a rechargeable one that is suppose to last twice as long. They had to make a longer incision to take out the old lead and put the new one in.

Anyway, she is doing fine from this. My beef is with my brother and his wife. I haven't said anything to them because my mom has asked no let me rephrase that begged me not to.

They have 3 kids 3, 6 & 8 years old. For the last year or longer and this has been off and on ever since the oldest was born for the last 8 years. Even when my dad was sick before he died.

Sorry getting off topic. They say they can't afford day care for 1 child which I know is expensive but they make double the salary that my husbands makes, my sister-in-law just got a new job make $70,000 a year and I think my brother makes this as well. Anyway my sister-in-law loves to spend money. They are taking advantage of my mom she's not there now but only because she had this surgery on her back but, I know she is going back there one day next week. My SIL was diagnosed a few months back with fibromalygia so I know she doesn't feel well but, she has got to feel better than my 64 year old mother who cooks, cleans, and takes care of her 3 kids and the only thing my mom has told me she does around the house is when they grill out she cooks then other than that she doesn't do anything.

When I had my reduction done in July my mom came down to stay with me for the week, now I did not ask her to she volunteered and I paid for her gas her and back. Ethan was so looking forward to having some 1 on 1 time with Granny but, that didn't happen she had to bring all 3 of my brother's kids. Don't get me wrong they are good kids. I didn't say anything to her because I don't want to upset her. But, my brother and his wife should have know better the only thing I ever hear from my sister in law not my brother is how much debt they are in and how she wishes they could afford daycare.

Let me tell you I had to bite my tongue. They go out monthly if not more and spend a few hundred dollars at least one weekend out of the month by going to amusement parks and they have a time share. It's is definitely not uncommon for them to drop $100 a week on toys for the kids.

On top of all of this they don't even give my mom any money at all for her gas or the things that she gets for the kids when she has to go to the store. She buys groceries when they need them and they don't even offer to pay her anything.

With all the work she does at their house with there kids, they would have to pay someone else at least $400 a week. It's a good thing that I don't talk to them more than I do or they would both be mad at me because once I get started it's hard for me to quit.

Anyway my mom told me last night that she would probably be there at least another year. My mom's dog she has a yorkie poo she had puppies on the 4th of this month so they are almost a month old. Well Wyatt is the daddy she was in heat when mom was here when I had my surgery and we didn't realize it. Anyway, of course they want one. I told mom that they don't need one they can't take care of the animals that they have. Mom gave them the sister to Tigger the one that had pups and they let her out wasn't watching her and some wild dogs in the neighborhood killed it. This is not where they live now this was in TN they are in NC now. Anyway, that's when I was told that she would be there for at least another year.

What's so sad about this whole thing is that it's like my mom only has 1 son instead of 3 children and only 3 grandkids instead of 9 + 1 great granddaughter. My brother and his wife are just so oblivious to this. It just blows my mind.

Sorry this is so long. I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to read it. I will go now you guys are probably tired of hearing me vent.

Last edited by shecass; 10-31-2006 at 10:10 AM.
shecass is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!