View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 09:46 AM   #13
WesleyandMaddie
I Love My Stinkers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyhawk
Here's one for you. I noticed that one my litter (8 wks old) was straining and straining and couldn't seem to go. Picked her up, took a look, and bless her heart she had poo so caught up in her hair that it was blocking the exit. I guess she'd sat on it the night before and it had dryed there. It was really scary to cut that close but I got it out. She was able to relieve herself after that. You never know what you'll run into with these little darlings. They say 1/2 inch around the anus should do it but if the hair is thick and fluffy, sometimes it takes more!

This exact thing happened to Maddie two days ago and then again this morning! At first I was scared because I thought she was constipated, but then I noticed she had dried poop in all the hair back there. So I had to give her back end mini baths. It's so disgusting. But today she and Wesley are going to the groomer so hopfully we won't have to deal with that again. They were overdue for their grooming appointment, but these experiences have made me vow to make sure they go every 5 or 6 weeks at the most!!!

I would definately recommend grooming. You might have to search around a while for a groomer that you like and trust, but it's well worth it in the end! Good luck!
WesleyandMaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!