Thread: Jendas Yorkies
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 05:19 AM   #25
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Jessica -- I do not know you or Jennifer, or Mary Lou, so maybe I can offer a non-biased opinion. I know everyone has one and mine won't get you a cup of coffee without a dollar... but here goes anyway.

I think that it is obvious breeders put a lot of their life and soul into their programs. If a person wants to criticize them on a public forum, they had better be very specific. You say it was all in private -- but this is not private at all where you are bad-mouthing her. If you feel strongly enough about your experience to actually try to ruin her reputation -- a reputation that obviously is more than one generation in the making -- then you should not speak in generalities. You need to say something like "I would not buy from her again because of : " then say the specific grievance you had, if you tried resolution with them, and what offers were made. Then she has the right to come back and say her piece about what she tried to satisfy the customer (you). Then people can make up their own minds.

Right now, what sticks in people's minds is that someone had a terrible experience with this kennel and people should stay away. That is hardly fair to a family that has put so much into breeding Yorkies. Either put it on the line, or do not make a general disparaging comment -- my opinion only. Of course you have every right to post your bad experience but it should be specific not something like "I wouldn't wish this dog on anyone, even you!" I feel sorry for you and the dog but I am not going to rush to judgement against anyone without more of a story than that.

You should turn it around and ask yourself how you would feel if someone posted not to have any dealings with you because they had a bad experience with you. Period -- no explanation just a vague admonishment not to trust you. I would think it would make you angry and others would not take it seriously. I hope my posting does not make you angry but instead think of the big picture.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!