View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 09:17 PM   #9
ButterflyYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacy's Mom
They just called they are going to transfer the 6 pound "parvo" poodle to my vet in the morning so at least I will feel better about my vet's opinion and he can make a more informed decision about Rowdy. They said Rowdy ate his dinner just fine and his stools are still perfect in color and consistency.

I did find some information on research done on the vaccine I gave, Intervet Proguard 5. It is a high titer vaccine meaning that supposedly it has enough of the stuff that triggers the immunity to even have some left over after the maternal antibodies destroy the majority of it (if they are still in the pup) to produce antibodies to give immunity. The research showed that 90/100 puppies produced antibodies after given the vaccine at 9 weeks of age so at 10 weeks the numbers would even go up slightly more.

I guess I still have a lot to learn about vaccines - it was "by accident" that I gave a high titer (Schering Plough Galaxy is another high titer) vaccine. I was always careful to get those without lepto or corona and avoided Fort Dodge products because of recent bad publicity and recalls (something about their rabies vaccine giving dogs rabies), but thought they were pretty much equal just different manufacturers.

Please keep praying that Rowdy stays healthy and also for the poodle. I will find out her name tomorrow so I can stop calling her the "parvo" dog.
Will keep him in our prayers. "All our yorkie friends" at the end of every prayer. A VERY special someone out there knows exactly what I mean by this.

Best wishes to you and Rowdy and the poodle,

Last edited by ButterflyYorkie; 10-29-2006 at 09:19 PM.
ButterflyYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!