View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 08:16 PM   #7
ButterflyYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Oh man Lacy's Mom this is a tough call and I'm sorry this is happening. I too was (am) concerned about over-vaccinating. I give my first vaccine at 8 wks. I guess this is good evidence here that even though there are always risks with vaccinating it's situations like you've mentioned that is why we must.
The mess is out there and our pups can very easily be exposed like in your baby's case. Good luck to your puppy. I hope it doesn't contract anything. Hopefully the first vaccine will aid in it's immunity. And I would have done exactly as you did... gave the second if it was due as long as the pup was showing no signs and in good health. I hope it turns out ok!

There is a person about a half mile up my street who raises english setters. I caught wind that there was a corona infection going on with his dogs back in April. Since I no longer give a corona vaccine you can imagine how I had my gang under lock and key even though my dogs have no contact with his. One of his older pups that a neigbor on up the street ended up getting wandered down to my house about a week ago. I look outside and my daughter and her friend are on the swing set slowly swinging this pup on their lap on the double seater swing. I ran out like a crazy woman (not so much acting like one but feeling like one, lol) and asked my daughter's friend to kindly walk the dog back home and alert the owner that he was wandering the neigborhood because she lives across the street from them. I immediately had my daughter wash hands, arms and had her change clothes and friend to go home. I'm sure there was no danger at this time but boy did it worry me regardless.

Hope your pup is ok.

Last edited by ButterflyYorkie; 10-29-2006 at 08:20 PM.
ButterflyYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!