View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 05:26 PM   #6
Lacy's Mom
YT 3000 Club Member

I was wondering the same thing. I asked if she had a friend that didn't own any dogs, but she said no. I can't think of anyone either who wants to open their house to a possible parvo exposure even if they don't have any dogs. Of course, if they don't have a dog and like them they are planning on getting a dog at some point. I even thought about taking the dog back temporarily, but I have three. They're all vaccinated, but if the virus can live in the house for up to a year or more then I will be exposing my house which will have future babies.

We talked about it. They have thrown out all feed dishes, bedding, bleached what they could and used something called Parvasol on everything else. We decided since "Rowdy" has already been in extremely close contact with the other dog then he is already exposed and really can't get more exposed, hopefully.

I've been doing reading on Campy sounds like it probably isn't because the incubation is very short, especially for puppies so Rowdy would have probably come down with it quickly. I did find places where it said two dogs however can be kenneled together and one not come down with it even though it is extremely contagious????? Too many questions and not enough definite answers!!!!!
Lacy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!