View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 12:50 PM   #1
Thorsmomma
I Love Thor
Donating Member

Default Thanks KATHRYN_V

You're probably wondering what in the world I'm talking about...

Thank YOU Kathryn for inspiring me to use the can with pennies in it for barking. Oh my golly how it works! I don't know what in the world I was waiting for in trying this out but Thor is scared to death of the can with pennies and I took him on a walk today without the can and he didn't bark one single time!!!!
I say 'no barking' then shake, and now I have to say no barking and his ears go back and he gives me the 'oh s@$#! I better behave look'. It's fantastic!

Quick funny story:
After I read your post about your girl that this seemed to be working on I immediately filled a PBR (beer) can with pennies cause that was the only can I had around...Well the next day I took the dogs on a nice walk in the forest and I'm walking around holding the beer can passing all these people and their kids and dogs...you should have seem some of the looks I got. Also on the way to the forest I as armed with the can until I realized I was hold a beer can in the window where everyone could see!!!!

But thanks so much for sharing your story about the can and pennies. It's amazing how effective it is, and you really inspired me and this has made a huge improvement in our training! Thanks!!!

The boys on DOGSTER
Thorsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!