View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 07:52 PM   #17
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

Thanks all for the thoughts and prayers. We are back now and it was a really difficult trip. My husband does not show his feelings usually but this hit him hard, Myself as well as I talked to my BIL every week. He was very lonely the past 18 months and he was finally on the road to a better alcohol free life. I won't go into the details but we were told he died peacefully in his sleep but when we went to the apartment we were horrified. My husband doesn't want to pursue it as he can't deal with it right now and want's to believe he died as they stated. The apartment manager was a God send she helped us tremendously and has called we several times to see if we are ok. She basically is handling getting rid of everything in the apartment. All we had to do was take the few things we wanted. With her help/descretion we are letting the tenants at the apartment have what they want. He lived in a building where most tenants have fallen on hard times and can use the stuff and they were Dale's friends these past 18 months. I cannot tell you how everyone we dealt with in Colorado, from the funeral director, who handled everything and even met us at the apartment with the certificates so we didn't have to find him, to the lawyer who is working on filing all the paperwork to the courts to the apartment manager who told me she feels like my sister since we have talked so much since this happened. Sorry to ramble but I tend to talk when stressed.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!