View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 05:54 PM   #1
RitaKay
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Brand new puppy - is it a reaction to the shot?

Hi. I have a 10 week year old Yorkie and I took him today to the Vet and the Vet gave him a de-worming pill, a flea treatment and its first shot, which I guess was the distemper shot. I take him back in 3 weeks for the 2nd series of vaccinations and then 3 weeks after that for the final set.

To top it off, my poor yorkie had a very traumatic day. Today was the day that he left his family (mom, sister, dad) and then went to the Vet...then came to my house and got used to it and then met the other dog that lives in the house....

Well, he's scratching alot around his eyes, and I can only think that's because the flea treatment has activated the fleas to crawl (I see them dropping off dying) and that's what's causing the dog to scratch.

But then - my yorkie threw up! It was just chunks of food from the morning I guess but it made me scared. Could this be a reaction to this first shot? Should I be concerned? He seems okay...he ran around some afterwards and now he's dozing on the couch...

But I guess...just should I be worried about this throwing up being a reaction to the shot or is it just something about his stressful day?

Also, he hasn't pooped since coming home! He's barely eaten either, although he's had a few sips of water and every now and then eats from his bowl...is this normal for a first stressful day too?

Rita
RitaKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!