View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 12:54 PM   #1
Shanatink
Mommy to 3 Princesses
Donating Member

Question Poor coat & shedding

My boxer sheds horribly. I seriously think that her hair falls out and automatically regenerates and then falls out again within minutes, because thats how much she sheds. She is completely an indoor dog but I take her outside and brush her constantly and the idea is to keep brushing her until I dont get as much hair but that moment never comes. She also has really bad dander which has only gotten worse within the past few weeks. Ive always read and heard from vets that excessive shedding and poor coats is a sign of poor nutrition but I have been feeding Penny nutro for quite some time and about a month ago I switched her to Nutro Utra all natural food (that stuff isnt cheap especially when you are feeding a 90lb boxer) and Ive been giving her missing link supplements too. It seems since I started the missing link (which is supposed to improve skin and coat) she has actually gotten worse. her coat is dull and she is shedding like crazy! What can I do? And why would her coat be getting worse? All my girls are on all natural dog food and treats now. Shouldnt that be better for them?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!