View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 01:44 PM   #1
fasteddie
YT 6000 Club Member

Default [News] Woman Looks for Yorkie's Attacker

Richmond, IN - We lost a very dear member of our family Thursday, Dec. 2. His name was Romeo, a Yorkshire terrier that had been a part of my life for 10 years. Romeo's life was taken by a large dog that was roaming the Oak Park neighborhood in Richmond.

It was a normal day. I was home for lunch and had let Romeo go outside. When I went back out, not 10 minutes later, there were two large dogs in our yard. I found Romeo lying in the grass. His back was torn open, his lung punctured and he had punctures in his stomach, but still breathing.

With Romeo in my arms, I jumped in my truck and headed for the vet's office, but when I arrived, what seemed like most of Romeo's blood was in my lap and he wasn't breathing anymore. Romeo still had a heartbeat and the veterinarian tried to revive him, but he was too far gone. I can't say goodbye. I am at least thankful that I had Romeo in my arms when he passed away.

Burying my longtime friend, who never asked for anything except love, will not be an easy task. This evening Romeo will be laid to rest at my parents' home in the country and we will miss him dearly.

It disgusts me that Romeo's life was taken away like this, and taken away from us.

Please help me find the owners of the two dogs that were in our yard, one dog a very large creamy yellow colored Akita and the other one a creamy yellow colored shepherd mix. The dogs both had collars and tags. My neighbors saw the dogs as well and the called animal control. Animal control has not been able to locate them as of this time. If you have any information regarding these animals please call.

Cindy Turner, Richmond

http://www.pal-item.com/apps/pbcs.dl...412060324/1003
fasteddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!