View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Some Input Needed Please...

Hi all. I posted this under Yorkies wanted, but probably should have posted it here. A few days ago I posted looking for a reputable breeder in or near NJ. I've been searching Petfinder as I would have prefered to take a rescue over a puppy that would without a doubt find a home before the rescue. I just couldn't find what I was looking for age,look or size wise. Today, I was looking through the classifieds and found a listing for a Morkie being sold privately and since she was only about 15 minutes from me, I went to take a look. I have to be honest, it was more out of curiosity. Well, I fell in love!!

I'm struggling with a couple of things and would love some input. Here is the situation. The listing in the classified stated Morkie and the description was tea-cup designer pup 3 lbs. purse puppy. Descriptions like that urk me, but I'm sure that this woman was only using in her ad the same description that was used when the pup was sold to her. Two wrongs don't make a right but a lot of people just simply aren't educated, which brings me to another concern.....

The pup who seems extremely healthy, very very beautiful and seems to be well cared for came from a broker. The same broker that was just discussed the other night. The woman, bought this little one a few months ago and she said that she paid $1800 for her because she was a Tea Cup, and that she now decided to go back to work and doesn't feel it right to leave her alone all day. I'm not sure that I buy that story. I'm thinking that it was an impulse buy and that she decided that either it's too much work. Anyway, I'm feeling a little guilty about paying for a pup that came from a broker. I kind of feel as if I'm contributing to the support of the puppymills I join in fighting to shut down. Hubby said that I shouldn't feel that way, since the pup was already bought and paid for so the broker has made her $$ through the initial sale and all I'm simply doing is now offering a good home to a pup that may end up in the hands of someone that won't take care of her. I will be paying the woman for her but no where near what she paid to the broker when she got her. What's everyone's thought on this?

My other concern is that my Yorkies (All rescues) are on the bigger side. Newman is 12 lbs. Bella is 9 pounds and Noel is Uhhh 13 lbs. They are gentle but do you think that being she is little it would put her in harms way? I'm always home and she would be supervised but at the same time I don't want to feel that I have to walk behind her to secure her saftey. Is there anyone out there with a similiar situation and does it work out?

Lastly, this little girl is seven months old, seems submissive, has been spayed already which is a plus since it would save me $350 in spaying fees plus the worry. She is very stunning and has really captured my heart, I'm just getting a case of the nerves I guess. Oh and I would have to take her to the vet right away as she was spayed in August and still has a stitch that hasn't come out. The woman said she called the place that did her spaying and was told that it could take up to three months to come out, but I've never heard of that and think that it really should be out by now or it could cause and infection. Anway, I'd love to hear everyone's input. My biggest concern is her safety and I want to make sure that the size of my other three Yorkies won't be a problem. Just a bit of info. Newman my ten year old is submissive, Noel my two year old is submissive but Bella is alpha but at the same time has always be very maternal. We had a baby kitten that I bottle fed after it showed up in our back yard unannounced and Bella was very protective over him. Would not let the other two go near him and would sit by his box just as a mother dog would. Thanks for any input. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!