Thread: Porky Yorkie
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 02:15 AM   #1
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Default Porky Yorkie

Our routine every time we are home is to first take Toto to the groomer and then to see "Doctor Lucy". This time poor Toto got pretty much put through "the mill"!!! We have been so proud of the care we have been giving her ... well ... seems like we have been toooo good!!! "Miss Piggy" weighed in at 3 lbs 7 ozs and boy did we get a lecture!! Gotta lose those 7 ozs at least! Her little bone structure is tiny and the extra weight isn't good for her. Seems all that healthy "care" has been piling on weight! She said we have got be "Tough". We totally understand that it won't be good for her when she is older to be overweight and we are establishing her healthy eating habits now but it's really hard to see that little face so disappointed and look at us like .... "Hey, where's my sour cream"?? or "Excuse me, but I believe you forgot the Parm"?? She looks at her veggies like "I am not eating THAT!" She tried every trick she could come up with all day yesterday on the drive back to Lake Charles for a few Honeycomb cereal treats but I'm proud to say ... I didn't give in!! I feel so bad but we are going to stick by our guns for her sake!! We did get "A++" for her coat and overall care! She was also pleased that we have found a trainer and will get that started this week. We are hoping that the change in her diet along with the new exercise will trim her back down!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!