View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 04:37 PM   #1
bentley2004
Yorkie Yakker

Default Mr. Bentley....RIP

My sweet little boy who greeted me at the door, came to work with me and kept me warm at night.

I had him for 2 1/2 wonderful years and was blindsided by his severe illness. He was diagnosed with lymphangiectasia on Sunday and by Wednesday was gone. I took him to the best internists and admitted him to the best animal hospital, but there was nothing they could do to save him. We even considered a last ditch effort - a plasma transfusion, but the vet had made me promise that I would not hold onto him for selfish reasons and let him go if he was in pain.

He had a very priviledged life and was the man of the house. I made many sacrificies for him and never thought twice. He was such a joy to be around....and so well behaved. He would sit on the couch on a pillow right next to my head every night and just sit and stare. I would turn around and rub his head and just giggle with pleasure.

Yesterday was hard - I went home and was faced with all his little toys. I'd washed his bowls in preparation of his return and instead had to tuck them away in a drawer. Then I feel the guilt....could have I done anything differently....

I rest in knowing that I did the best I could - and even though I couldn't save him, he knew. He knew that I was there, wrapping him tight in his little blanket, whispering in his ear and kissing his little head.

God - I hope it gets easier.....
bentley2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!