View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
IluvLucy
Lovin' Lucy & Rebel
Donating Member

Default Lucy has to have tests Monday!

Lucy is 9 months old and has never been sick. She had a sore throat and threw up bile at least once per day. I took her to the vet where she got an antibiotic shot and pills for a week. I gave them all to her, but she still throws up. She threw up 3 times during the night and once today. I got off work early and took her to the vet again. Her throat is fine now, but the vet said her stool sample looked a little "off". She wants to do tests Monday (blood work, x-rays, etc) and wants me to bring her at 9:00 and pick her up after work. She said she could have a parasite of some sort and said she wants to make sure she gets the right meds to take care of it. She gave her special food for the weekend (easily digested) and albon to take for a week. She also gave me worm medicine to give her in the morning. She didn't want to give it to her in the office because Lucy threw up while there and she wanted to give her time to settle down before taking it.

Does all this sound "right" to ya'll? I don't have much experience with sick Lucy because she's always been bouncy and happy. She's breaking my heart right now because I had to put her in her x-pen because of the diarrhea

Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!