View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #21
mmyorkies
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacy's Mom
Quote from satman:
you seem to set aside the importance and incidence of Liver Shunt in this breed.

I don't know how saying the the only definitive test for liver shunt is a radiography dye test is negating the importance of liver shunts. I simply disagreed with your findings that there was a blood test that could do this.

I have never purchased, sold, or bred a victim of liver shunt and hope I can continue to claim that in the future.

I just don't see any reason to yell FIRE!!!!!! until you at least see smoke!
That is because you have never experienced a dog with Liver Shunt, or had to hear about people that are devistated because they can not afford the surgery to correct the problem, of have heard them cry because their baby died becauswe they did not know that it was a shunt that their precious pup had. Liver Shunt is far more prevalent than what you would like to believe. Breeders have kept silent much too long on this subject, and it is just now coming to light.

Yes, I have experienced a dog with Liver Shunt, and when I had her surgery done, there were others at the Purdue University having the same surgery. Now that is just from a small area of my state, so what would it be nation wide. If breeders had been open before instead of covering it up, there would not be so many today.

Also, many dogs have died because the problem goes undetected, because vets and people did not know to check for this. People are being educated now becaue of all the lists that talk about it.

Last edited by mmyorkies; 10-27-2006 at 10:01 AM.
mmyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!