View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 04:53 PM   #13
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishawk
Is it safe to have the carseat in the front?? I have Howie's in the front seat (because he hates the back), but I always feel guilty because I thought it was wrong!!
I have the Snoozer Lookout Console for Sissy. I started with an Outward Hound and she HATED it!!! She was too far away from me and whined constantly and tried to climb out, flinging herself out of the seat and hanging by the tether. It could only go in the front seat, which you are not supposed to do because of the air bag, but it needs the headrest and seat back to strap around and I don't have an SUV with bucket seats.

I sold that and invested in the Lookout and she has LOVED it since. With the console, she is right next to me - I can put my arm around her and snuggle. She both looks out the window and lays down and goes to sleep. It is very soft and comfy.

The console car seat is safe because cars don't have an airbag in the middle. It sits up high enough on the console of the car to allow for viewing out the window. This could be an option for a small, or 2-seater car as long as the car seat will fit between the seats. There are two sizes of console car seats, one for dogs 6lbs or under and a larger version, but the larger version would need a wider, longer console.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!