View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
Yorkie3
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Pitiful and NO Help!

Let me start at the beginning. Last year as I drove past this house on my bus route (I'm a school bus driver), there was this German Shepard and Boxer in a fence connected to the house. It was about 5 foot by 5 foot. There was no grass, just dirt and mud. They had a large pet taxi in two pieces upside down for them to get into. They had to crawl in them, because they just were not big enough. Anyway, I called the Humane Society and the next thing I knew I didn't see the Boxer anymore, but they moved the fence to a pole barn and connected it there. During the summer I drove past and this area was all grown up in weeds, so I figured they got rid of the German Shepard too. Hopefully to a better, more loving home.

This year the Shepard is still there but being tied up to a stake in the front yard right on the highway. It has a path wore down in the grass from only being able to go in circles. There were two metal pans out there but they were knocked over. The week before last it was raining of a morning and then the temperature took a drop and it was very cold. The Shepard was out there with no shelter. SO....again I call the Humane Society. Nothing really changed.

Today it was raining and in the 40's. I go by again, same thing, tied to the stake, pans knocked over, no shelter and the Shepard is cowering because he/she is wet and cold. SO....again I make the call. They told me that he did go out and talk with the owner. He works from home. Saw that the Shepard had food and water inside the house. Fine....I said, but what about being out there all day with no food, water or shelter from the elements. She told me the dog was being taken care of.....??????? I am so angry!!!!!!

That Shepard is beautiful, beautifully marked, just gorgeous. What do I do now? The Humane Society says he/she is being taken care of....I DON'T THINK SO!!! Should I call the Sheriff? They will just end up calling the Humane Society. What I really want to do is go steal it. I am miserable over this......
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!