View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 12:13 PM   #1
Breny
My Tiny Treasures
Donating Member

Default Whelping Video - Terri Shumsky Fanny Mae Liver Shunt Fund

I ordered this DVD and have been watching a half hour of it at a time while I work out.

Well...............last nights 1/2 hour was on tail docking and dew claw removal. OMG! Lets just say I have NO plans on doing them myself ANYTIME soon! Holy S ! I had never seen it before - had no idea how it was done. Lets just say I watched two and then fast forwarded the DVD. Them babies cried so hard. It was heartbreaking for me.

I know I have alot to learn, but Whoa! I wasn't ready for that! I'm sure for you out there that have done this for years and are experienced in it, are used to that. I watched two different methods, one being the clamp and twist. I gripped the treadmill so hard my knuckles were white!

So far its been an awesome DVD , showing many different things. And she doesn't sugar coat things.....you see everythign that could happen in a delivery, even the bad things. Very educational.

I just had to post about watching the tail removal though.....I've only been doing this a year now and my breed didn't require the tails. So I guess I've got to suck it up though now and be a big girl

Breny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!