View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 10:55 AM   #10
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

My boys most fun costumes were always the home-made ones. The thrift stores are great for materials.
We did hobos (off size clothes, some day old beard stubble with an eyebrow pencil, and a little bandanna tied pack on a stick);
black cat (easy black sweats, a few whiskers and a triangular nose made with an eyebrow pencil and some black construction paper ears glued to a headband;
cowboy (probably has a cowboy hat in his toy box (if not Walmart has them in the toy section);
fireman (same as above);
a pumpkin (orange sweats or pjs, then use that same eyebrow pencil or the face makeup to make big black triangles around the eyes, nose, and a grin);
the tin-man is not too hard if you can find a large funnel and spray paint it silver. Then just buy the silver poster board to make a wrap around costume -- grey sweats can be under;
Apirate is pretty easy too, a bandana for the head, earring, and a patch if he will wear it. I cut a small hole in an eye patch one year. Did not affect the look of the outfit, but gave them more confidence to be able to see out of both eyes.
One of my boys tired of costumes and went to a Halloween party with a big "E" on his forehead -- he was E-male, yuk-yuk;
I bought a face painting book once and we had fun with that several years -- they had all sorts of things like lions and tigers to paint and then they could just wear coordinating colored clothing;
I sewed a Power Range Ninja outfit one year, but that was a lot of work! At 2 yo, I would look in the PJ departments too. This is making me nostalgic! Maybe I will dress Ben up after-all. It will have to be home-made because he is so little.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!