Thread: My Baby Boy
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 09:26 AM   #13
chloeandj
Tinkerbell, My Little Flutterpup
Donating Member

He's so cute! Love that first pic! Looks like you lucked out with such a cute sweetie! Congratulations!
I would assume that it will take some time until he is truly comfortable with you and his new surroundings, and then he will be much easier to train. He has to learn your routine and you have to learn his. He may be giving you signals, you just don't recognize them yet becuase you don't know him well yet. This is a lot of changes for him all at once. My new little guy is 7 years old and is 2.8 pounds and poops everytime he eats, which is 3 times a day. But he marks all day long and drinks a ton of water LOL (Thank god for belly bands!) But when he first came to our home about a month ago, he didn't poop, pee or drink very much at all for the first few days. He was just a little nervous and confused. He pooped in the house probably 3 times. After that he started barking at me crazy when he wanted outside and it dawned on me what that barking meant and now we have it all figured out and no more accidents! Things will all work out with time.
chloeandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!