View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 08:04 AM   #1
txshopper73
Donating YT 14K Club Member

Unhappy My pup is very sick

One of my pups for the past 3-4 days had not been doing well. Lethargic, not wanting to eat, play. Just wants to sleep. Well, this morning, I called one of my vets (I have 3) and took her in. Vet took a stool sample and said that she had a very mild bacteria infection. No problem, gave me some antibiotics. Paid my $90 vet bill and went home. Went to put her in with her sisters and I then realized, "I TOOK THE WRONG ONE!"

Called the vet and explained what I had done. 2 of my pups look almost identical and I was in a big hurry this morning and grabbed the other one. Anyway, vet said to still treat her and all pups the same with the antibiotic.

I force fed her like the vet said to do and off to work we go. I'm not at work even an hour and she starts having diarrea and is vomiting everywhere! I completely freeked, told my co-workers that I'm leaving and taking her to the vet.

The vet I went to this morning was going into surgery and I was told that I would just have to drop her off. I took her to vet #3. He gave her a shot of saline (I think) to start rehydrating her, some meds for vomiting and diarrea. I have to feed her every 4 hours with Pedialite every 2 hours.

Please pray for her that she pulls through this. She is the prettiest one out of the bunch and I was thinking of keeping her anyway.
txshopper73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!