Thread: My Baby Boy
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 09:11 AM   #9
Tiger's Mom
Donating YT 8000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieGirl87
Well, that's the thing. Ther person who had him before, he wasn't housetrained, he was just in a 20 by 20 pen and it had an absorbant pad kind of thing so all of this training is new to him. He never lets me know when he has to go out. He didn't bark once this morning but when I got up and took him out he had to go to the bathroom but he never whimpers or whines or anything. It appears like he only goes to the bathroom after he's fed. Once in the morning and once in the evening...is this normal? I don't know why but for whatever reason I thought I remembered dogs having to go to the bathoom a whole lot more than that??
Hi Joy, your baby is adorable. I believe that your boy, being that he is now 2 years old is fully trained to only go twice a day. That could be a good thing though because then you pretty much know when he needs to go.

If he has been confined to an expen with an absorbent pad, maybe you need to get him an expen as that is what he seemed familiar with. Both my dogs are trained to go outside or on a pad. When I say trained to go outside, they pee when I take them but they never give me any signals. But when indoors, they have a pee pad in the laundry room, where they spend most of their time and so they know to use it if they need to go.

btw, why did the previous owners give him up?
Tiger's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!