View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 05:10 AM   #10
soneal
I love my Lily Pie
Donating Member

I have 3, Buffy my chi is almost 5 and has free run of the house she is completely house broken. Rocco my pom is 10 months and has free run, but I keep a close eye on him because he can have an accident but doesn't if I let him out on a regular basis. Lily the yorkie who is 5 months does not have free run of the house. I keep her gated in my kitchen(which has wood floors for easy clean up) unless she is in her crate or I can watch her 100%. They all 3 get play time for a couple of hours at a time a few times day in our family room which is in the downstairs and has a door from the upstairs. I still have to keep a close eye on Lily. I do not work outside of the home so this woks easy for me. I don't let a puppy have free run of the house until it is housebroken(depends on the dog but usually 6 months or so). They need to be confined to a small space so you can prevent accidents, it makes the housebreaking a lot easier. If we leave the house they all 3 go in their crates(even our chi). That way I don't worry they are getting into something or having an accident. It also makes going to a hotel easier since they need to be in a crate if you are not in the room. I would keep your pom confined in one room or in his crate when you can't keep an eye on him, until he is housebroken(this could take a few months). Good luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!