View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 04:53 PM   #1
Wogger
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Embarassed Pen & Wee Pad Question

I bought a human baby playpen for our 8 week old little guy (very nice with wheels to roll it from room to room. I covered the matress in it with a shower curtain). The breeder had the babies using a litter pan with a wee pad in it. She said they all did great. Here at home, he seems to often go just outside the wee pad/pan. My goal is to have the pen be half wee pad half play/sleep area. The problem is he seems to pee in the play area where there is no wee pad.

My question is can I cover the whole floor of the play pen with wee pads for now and then work down to half? Or will that confuse him? I'd like to use this set up for nights so that I can sleep through the night. I plan on using the crate for shorter times and eventually at night when he is older.

His peeing is very unpredictable at this time. Sometimes he pees a bit every few minutes (excited, maybe?), other times he doesn't pee for a while and then makes a puddle that surprises me that he could pee so much.

I have three human kids and also a horse, and I'll tell you - this puppy stuff is much harder than human babies or horses I am exhausted!!!! I am so thankful for all the wonderful advice that this board has to offer!!!
Wogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!