View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 10:04 AM   #4
Maria19
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vainchick5
Did you have a contract with her?? You shouldn't have to return the dog or get another dog. You have THAT dog and now she should pay for the upcoming vet bills, unless she clearly stated that she wouldn't in her contract. The fact that she knew the father had it, is enough information for you to take her to court, if it came down to it, besides the fact her daughter dropped the poor little guy. I would definetely play hard and not nice with her. Tell her either she pays the bills or you take her to court since she sold you a puppy under false pretenses.
Unfortunately what's done is done and upon further reading up on this type of injury it could happen at any time during his life time with me.

The breeder told me about giving him Glusomamine for the joints but the vet told me that it won't do anything for his patella. It is only for cartiledge. Exercise might make it better or worst depending on his situation. So everything is a wait and see.

He loves jumping up and down so I can't seem to stop him from jumping. He needs his exercise too. So how much exercise is too much? He is alone with me so I try to keep him active and busy so that he isn't bored or missing his brothers; also to get him tired enough before going to bed at night since he is not a happy trooper when i place him in his crate @ night when I try to go to sleep. It takes him about 1 1/2 hours before he settles down, he whines, crys, barks till he gets tired I guess or until I don't hear him anymore.

I'm debating whether to keep him or not. She offered another dog to replace him but that would mean more an additional vet checkup on the other dog and me more $$$ out of pocket for for the exam, lab work etc. to be done again. And if this is hereditary then I'm facing the same thing down the road.
Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggh!!! I have been praying about this since I got the news and all day today.

I've read that some dogs just keep on w/o any major discomfort. I'm so confused right now.

Maria19
Maria19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!