View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 09:27 AM   #1
Maria19
Senior Yorkie Talker

Cry My new puppy has luxating patella!

Hi ,

I have to make a difficult decision regarding my new pup/baby boy.

I just found out during his first checkup with me that his right hind leg has a grade II/III luxation.

The vet told me that it might stay the same or get worst but that surgery at this point is not necessary and unwarranted. He told me to contact the breeder asap to see if she is willing to reimburse me for future med bills which will arise in the future.

I did get in touch w/her and she is offering a new dog or a refund.
She mentioned to me last night that her daughter during our conversation told her that a visiting friend dropped my baby boy when attemting to place him back in his caged kennel area where all of his brothers were. The height is 36" tall. She apologized immensely and said she really didn't know that he was like that because she had just taken all the pups in early October to her vet and all came back fine with no negative reports.

At the same time she said that the father of my baby has had the same problem and that he is doing okay. He runs and jumps like he has no problems at all.
My concern is how do you keep a yorkie from jumping up and down and running and playing when he is only 16 weeks old? I really can't afford any high vet bills now. I mean I have the knee problems too that require surgery and have held back due to the fact that it might not help me either and lead to more severe pain than I already have now.

My heart is broken, but I have to give the breeder an answer today. Please give me your feedback on this situation. You may pm me or contact me @ 347-524-1359.

Maria19

PS I've read all the health info i can possibly find already.

Last edited by Maria19; 10-24-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Maria19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!