View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 05:00 PM   #9
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Loki had terrible diarrhea when I changed his food the first time, so when we made our last switch to Canidae here is how I successfully did it. (Thank goodness we love the Canidae!)

I took 10 ziplock bags and a magic marker and wrote the numbers 1-10 on them. Loki gets 1/2 cup a day split into two meals, so I did about a 10% switch each day. I sat and measured out each one all at once. (You kind of eyeball it - no I didn't measure out by tablespoon or anything.) ANYWAY then I just opened a new bag every day. I did this so that I wouldn't be tempted to switch any faster, since doing it over 4 days (1/4 new 3/4 old, 1/2 new 1/2 old, etc.) made him very sick. I know it sounds tedious, but it worked!!! You could probably change this to 5 or 6 days successfully.

By the way, RC has corn in it. If you're going to switch can you try a better food? I know not everyone has specialty stores and can get all of the good foods and RC is better than the other "pet store" brands. But his Canidae is like $6 for a 5 pound bag that lasts like 6 weeks. For no corn and no by-products. I think that's a good deal!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!