View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 08:47 PM   #24
Lady of Yorkies
YT 1000 Club Member

Confused

I have 5 Yorkies and haven't had a problem with them blending. Pirogue is my first and Lady was almost 6mo when we got her the next month. They got along wonderfully. Pirogue was 4 mos when we got Autumn, Lady was about 8 1/2mos. Lady and Pirogue were the very best of friends. Autumn had to squeeze her way in and when Lady got pg she lost interest in playing with Pirogue so he and Autumn have taken up where Lady left off. Then a little bit more than a month ago we got Mr. Big and Lacijo. Mr. Big was 12wks and Lacijo was 5 1/2 mos. Pirogue is 9.8#, Lady was 6.2# before she got pg, Autumn weighed 5.6 last week and while Mr. Big and Lacijo are about the same size there's not a # difference. They both weigh about 3#. Autumn is all interested in Lady's baby, she want puppies sooooo bad, so she doen't play with Pirogue so much right now. But Mr. Big wants to play with Pirogue. He just doesn't realize he's only 1/3 Pirogue's size. He gets hurt and I have to yell at Pirogue not to hurt my baby boy. They both stop and look at me like "What do you WANT?" and go back to playing. Now when Lady and Autumn go to playing you would swear that they were killing each other, all the vicious growling!! I have stopped them repeatedly because of the sound but I have never found any marks, sores or blood. I have been letting them do their own thing more lately. It is scarey but like I said I can't find any injuries. I say, if you can afford it - go for it!!! Do be aware however of the little imps hiding and not answering. I was called home a couple of days ago by a phone call saying Mr. Big was missing. The kids had left the door open and he was gone. There are 6 adults in our household and we were all out looking for him, come to find out he had been asleep under my son's bunk bed. Ooooooohhh, I could have killed the little sweetheart. One thing I learned out of this is that the next time someone says one of my babies are missing, I will check the house myself, I won't take anyone else's assurances that he/she isn't here.
Lady of Yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!