View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 03:15 PM   #15
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

Teeth Pippi is doing well!

Thank you so much, EVERYONE, for your kind words, thoughts, and Prayers. Pippi is doing just fine today! She is still acting very nervous and scared today though, and doesn't want to go back outside with her big sister, Peaches Peaches is a mixed breed (rescue) and weighs around 20-25 lbs (she is a medium sized dog), and little Pippi is just so small I just wish I knew exactly what happened to make Peaches go after her like that. I'm thinking it was nothing other than the food issue. But we have had them both for over 3 years and NOTHING like this has EVER happened....but then again, there is a first time for everything.... Peaches has always been very, very protective over her territory (HER backyard!) and I KNOW that she will attack anyone who even tries to come into our backyard without my or my husbands being back there. We had to put a "beware of dog" sign on both sides of our fence, because about a year or so ago she came 2 inches from tearing the meter readers leg off!!!! I had to literally PULL her off of him and put her in the garage until he got finished reading our meter!! I tell ya what, she is the BEST guard dog anyone could ever ask for, LOL. We've also seen her kill a possum and it WASN'T a pretty sight....she grabbed the thing by the throat and shook the you-know-what out of it until it was dead...which immediately came to mind when I saw her pin Pippi to the ground and get too close to her neck....SCARED THE TAR OUT OF ME!!!!! I don't think I have ever been so scared in my life!!

My husband and I just don't understand why they fight over food because they EACH have THEIR OWN bowl of food (same exact kind)...yet Peaches still seems to want Pippi's food, and vice versa. And that is where the problems start. That is the ONLY time they ever get nasty with each other.

Peaches really IS a good dog. She even protects Stedman when she THINKS that Pippi is being mean to him (they are really just playing) I guess because she knows that he is the baby.

Anyway my husband and I have decided to just start picking the food up each and every time we come inside. So from now only they will ONLY eat when we are out there watching them both like a hawk. That's all that we can do. They are totally fine otherwise...it's just always about the food!!

I am thinking that Peaches had some issues before we took her in...she probably had to fight for her food, and we also think that she may have been hit.

Regardless of all this, we still love her and she is still a very good dog. She has some issues, but that doesn't mean that she isn't worth loving We just have to keep and extra close watch on her. And after what happened yesterday, you better believe I will be watching her like a HAWK!!! lol

But thank you again everyone for all of your kind words, thoughts, and Prayers...THEY WORKED!!!! And Pippi is doing just fine

They have us wrapped around their little paws!
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!