View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 05:08 PM   #1
Angel4791
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default My yorkie is crate trained question about size

My Finnigen is 5 months and for the past 2 weeks has been 100% housetrained.. goes to the door and scratches. We have crated trained him so that when he can't be watched he is in his crate. Usually from 11-7 overnight and total day time 1-3 hours not always at once. I have a plastic crate (the cat size small one I think it's up to 7lbs) that I had been making my own dividers to make smaller. Finnigen is 4lbs... first I was using wood and covering it with his blanket, then tile and covering it with his blanket, then two towels and covering them with his blanket... well everytime the little bugger pulls the towel down and goes and lays at the back of his crate. He has only ever had an accident in his crate once (it was our fault we had gone out of town and were 2 hours late getting back and he was in there in the dark over supper hour -- my poor baby).

My question is can I remove the barrier all together and let him just have his crate... even though it's big enough for him to lay at one end... will he automatically soil it or has he learnt enough to cherish his space...anyone with experience here?
Angel4791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!