View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 02:28 PM   #1
vane1
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry my yorkie "polo" is at the hospital he got parvo

Hi everyone,

I found this forum cos I am looking for parvo information, see the chances that my dog has, also looking for some confort and help.

My yorkie is 31/2 months, he got sick 5 days ago and I wait only one day after i took him to the vet. He had the typical sympthoms, he was suddenly sad, lethargic, vomiting and with a smelly diarrhea, didnt eat or drink anything. They tested it for parvo the same day. He is been in the hospital for 4 days, with IV antibiotics, anti-vomiting medication, and more. he seems stable (yesterday he was sitting around and he responded to my voice) although his white blood cells are very down. The vet said that he is "stable" and he is optimistic, however he cant drink cos he still has IV and diarrhea with blood. I just want to share my story and see if someone had been in this circunstances. Does he has a chance? How long will take to get better? It is pretty sad for me to see him like that, specially because he is my first dog. He was a gift from my partents expecting to see me happy after a very difficult year. thank you
vane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!