View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
annaschaben
YT 500 Club Member

Omg Roxi goes down again

OMG it happened again guys. After spending Monday in the hospital being hypercalcimic and almost losing her, we've been really careful not to let the puppies nurse very much, we've also been giving Roxi calcium suppliments. Now last night we had to rush her over to the vet again bc she was starting to go down hill. She wouldn't eat and was starting to shake allover and her heart was racing. Luckly this time wasn't a bad. Her temp was still normal and her heart wasn't in irrithmea. The injected her with calcium and I got to take her home after a couple of hours.

I just don't get it. I don't even think that she was letting the puppies eat off of her the last couple of days. She is pretty engorged. Now we are weaning the puppies off of her completely (which she's not seeming to mind). Luckly they eat their food and formula pretty good. Roxi is still being a good mommy though. When they do need fed she seems to know and gets us to feed them. At 4:30 this morning she was sitting on our bed barking at us to let us know that it was time to get them something.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!