View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
Maggie123
Yorkie Yakker

They will obviously bleed a little bit..like a little red discharge. Before the red you'll see a clear discharge...maybe a week before. Also, when my parent's yorkie had her first period...she was acting really weird...like she was in pain and she didn't know what to do...very anxious and paranoid. I made a little diaper for her and cuddled her and rocked her on a rocking chair for about an hour...she then calmed down and fell asleep and i think i comforted her and she didn't feel as much pain. The following heats over the years weren't as dramatic. She just gets her period and about a week after wanted to "do it" with chewy...the boyfriend we got her couple years ago. But now chewy is neutered so they won't be able to do anything anymore.....but she keeps on humping out living room throw pillows for some reason....only sometimes....it's weird and disturbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isevilla
Please excuse me for the stupid question but what symptoms do they have that will let you know when they are in heat? I had a female dog before but got her spayed early so I dont know what to look for. I havent decided yet if I am going to spay my baby or not.

Thanks in advance.

Is.
Maggie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!