View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 10:31 AM   #12
Rem&Silkmom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura
We have a great place now, about 1/2 acre lot all the back is fenced. Lovely neighbor with no dogs, and loves our (of course they are on a leash if out front.) Our across the alley neighbor just got a barker they leave outside all the time. I am just trying to get bronx to learn to ignore him. I tell him "No" when he runs back there to bark with him. If he won't come back, I walk towards him and he runs to the door and flops on his back. Zoe ignores him anyway.

Our last house we got new neighbors with a bull mastif, the dogs chewed a small hole in the fence and I know in my heart that he pulled my dog through that hole and shook her into a rag. It was horrible - about 10 kids playing out front spotted him shaking her and ran to tell me. Another neighbor had called his owner and she raced home. She had her husband take the pup out and shoot it. It was horrible and sad for all of us, she and I both had 2 young boys, and for the next ten years we always had a rather strained relationship. They even put up a chain link along our fence to make sure there was never another incident.

Every time someone tells me their big dog has never hurt another, I reply "I think every time a large dog kills a small one, the owner says 'he has never done that before'. Sorry, keep your big dogs away from my little ones. and I will do the same for you.

PS: In our city a pit bull is illegal unless it is in a run with a cement floor and a chain link. I will shut up now. (yeah, right)
OH...that is horrible. This is what I also feel when the neighbors dog is out. They probley think that he is friendly and that he would never hurt anything. They do have a small child. That might be the case but you just never can be to sure and they don't have to worry about my 5 & 4lbs babies hurting thier 100lb dog but I do.
Rem&Silkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!