View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 10:36 PM   #40
Pattie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHIE
Can someone explain to me why dogs go into crates to begin with?
If you have an appointment at 11:00 why then can't you sit there and wait for the dog to be finished? Or go shopping and come back in 1 or 2 hrs to pick up your pet. When you make an appointment at a salon for yourself you don't go into a crate and wait! Why can't the pet grooming business be run the same way? I found one that does and I am going to start using it. They should all be like that to begin with.

My opinion is that it is only a little short of being an assembly line. There may be some good dog groomers out there but are you going to take the chance if it is the one you get? I am lucky, one of my clients grand-daughters is a groomer who owns her own truck, I look into her windows, she voluntarily vents her windows (Chloe cries like a sheep) I would know her cry in a second, key with me is that when Sue lets them go on the driveway (my direction cause they are trained) they run up to me showing me they missed me, full of Love & Licks, then varoom - back to Sue they run.... That says it all. My sister is a dog groomer in her home. I love her dearly BUT I've seen her swat a dog before, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, she loves dogs, they are her life, that particular day - she was having a bad day I guess but my dog goes to Sue for $75 for both and not to my sister for free but I still love my sister as their Auntie, just not their groomer
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!