View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 02:08 PM   #9
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinsZooCrew
Jodie~ How long as Sissy been fed this way? And no issues? Thank you so much! I just feel there has to be a better way to feed our babies!!
Sissy has been eating like this for 4 months now. Our vet is aware and actually gave me some recipes from Hills PD, but they involved adding spices and things I just didn't feel comfortable with. She said as long as she was getting vitamins (I use missing link) and other hard things to chew, she would be fine with thi. She does get a bite here and there when we are eating, but I stick to things like veggies or a very small bite of lean meat. Hubby will occasionally share a McDonald french fry, but that is only on weekends.

This all started because she got sick with Giardia and completely turned her nose up at all dog foods, dry, canned, moistened, with gravy, etc. I tried about 10 different brands before I just started cooking. I have a problem with the philosophy that "when they get hungry enough they'll eat" when she was under 4 lbs and had lost several ounces from being sick.

Since eating like this, she has started eating kibble again (another different brand of food I tried) but only knibbles here and there - not enough for a meal. But the good thing is that if I know I'll be gone for any length of time, I can leave a bowl of kibble for her so she won't starve. She loves her doggie treats, too - but she gets very small pieces of a single treat throughout the day when she potties.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!