Thread: Grooming Table
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 01:17 PM   #3
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem&Silkmom
For those that do their own grooming...do you use a grooming table with an arm? I keep Remmy in a close shaved cut. I shaved his hair down last week. I got some Whal clippers at sams club. What i noticed is that he would not stand on the table I was using he wanted to lay down. And it made it very hard for me to give him an even shave. His hair on his back was even but when I to to his shoulders it is uneven. Also do you use the shaver on their legs? I found that difficult and ended up using scissors? I am wondering if investing in a grooming table with an arm would make it easier. That way I could get him to Stand instead of laying down. Not to mention I can't get Chance (the puppy) to be still when I am trying to groom him. He wants to sniff the scissors and clippers.
Since you're having difficulty, it might be benificial to invest in a grooming table (PetEdge.com has reasonably priced ones) & a grooming arm (prefer the ones that you can fold away from you when not in use (cherrybrook.com), but the best thing you might to get is the double loop noose (petedge.com too). one goes over neck and the other goes around the body, keeps them in place better. I groom dogs, I prefer not to shave yorkie legs and use scissors & thinning shears.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!