Thread: Low Sperm Count
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 07:17 PM   #9
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexseal
He has not had his teeth cleaned for almost two years now, since his diet i 100% dry food. I'm curious, how does dirty teeth impact sperm count?
Dry food does not guarantee that there isn't a teeth issue. Some dogs are genetically predisposed to haveing teeth problems no matter what you do.
If he has dirty teeth carrying bacteria and even infections, it can affect sperm production. Actually dirty infected teeth can cause bacteria to enter the blood stream and affect heart, liver, kidneys as well. This is why dental care in toy dogs is so important, they do have a tendancy for teeth problems.
Teeth can be infected/dirty and the dog can be in considerable pain. They don't show pain that readily so people don't realize the problem is going on.
Before using a male for stud, I always check the teeth on both my bitch and my stud or if I am going for a stud service, I want to check those teeth first. I don't want that bacteria from his mouth anywhere near my bitch and I don't want my bitch to have dirty teeth when she will be whelping puppies.
All that bacteria from either the stud or bitch can create a lot of problems you don't need to have when doing a mating and ultimately whelping a litter.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!