Thread: Biting/nipping
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 06:41 PM   #30
sdgdh1
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy
Oh and I beg to differ with you and again insist he will grow out of it. Puppies chew everything, including human hands because they suffer from teething pain. I suggest anyone spanking a Yorkie or a human baby get some serious help. Violence begets VIOLENCE !!!
Whew. I was starting to worry when I read on this site that 90% of the dogs are little monsters. I thought it was a problem with the breed. Thank goodness it's just poor training.

I'm not suggesting anything close to abuse or violence. It's called negative reinforcement and positive reinforcement. I would rather give a little reinforcement early than deal with a dog that bites me and others. I couldn't have a dog around my kids that bites all of the time. It's for the safety of the dog and others that I use the most humane and effective approach.

The Bible says "He that spareth the rod hateth his son." I agree with that. I suppose some here don't, and that's fine. I think it's unfortunate, but I appreciate your opinion. Please don't worry if you've offended me. I'm a big supporter of free speech. I think we all have the same intention of tyring to help someone train a pup to be an enjoyable companion and to enjoy all the blessings of being a dog owner. She's free to heed whatever advice she wants. I don't have a perfect dog, so maybe my approach isn't the right one. I might not have perfect kids either, but I sure do love them. It would break my heart for them to have to go through life without any dicipline or love. It's a hard life when you're a brat and I pray my kids won't ever have to experience that.

I have found that most people who are having such a problem with my advice try to reassure the original poster that it's OK because their 6 mth or 4 yr old dog still bites and it's normal. It's not normal and it's not OK. It's cruel if you ask me.
sdgdh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!