Thread: I was shocked!
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 03:27 PM   #3
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

I don't have an answer to your question however, I do have a similar problem. Sadie has ALWAYS been around other dogs (we also have a very large cat) She has never really cared for other dogs...she will tolerate them for a while but, then she lets them know she isn't happy that they are here..I recently got another furbaby, Lillie is 17 wks old...Sadie has become very dominant over her...but, only if I am at my parents and there are other dogs around...I mean she will ATTACK Lillie! Even though Sadie is only 5.5 lbs she has a much larger attitude (I'm sure you know what I am talking about) I spoke with a trainer this morning...she told me to get the book "The Leader of the Pack" said it is a very good book...we spoke for 45 mins..I told her how I was handling this...she told me some things that I shouldn't be doing...1 was letting her sleep with us...she told me that I have to let Sadie know that "I" am the leader of the pack....not her...to let her know (if I can) before she is going to do something bad to stop her...and if i can't get to her in time to make sure I get to her immediately and tell her BAD! She has to know I AM THE ALPHA!! Have your furbabies always been aggressive towards other dogs?

Sorry this was so long but, maybe something I said can help you out. I hope so.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!