View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 10:51 AM   #15
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHIE
Can someone explain to me why dogs go into crates to begin with?
If you have an appointment at 11:00 why then can't you sit there and wait for the dog to be finished? Or go shopping and come back in 1 or 2 hrs to pick up your pet. When you make an appointment at a salon for yourself you don't go into a crate and wait! Why can't the pet grooming business be run the same way? I found one that does and I am going to start using it. They should all be like that to begin with.
Like I said above, the one groomer liked to clip all the dogs and then give them all a bath. I was fine with this except her hours were only in the middle of the day so it was really inconvenient for anyone who worked. I found myself scheduling grooming appts for my days off and that was when I wanted to see Loki! She only did 4 dogs a day. Her biggest issue was she didn't seem to own a pair of scissors - she used clippers for everything!

Another groomer I used for a while would let me drop Loki off at lunch around noon and then let me pick him up at 4:00 when I got off work. That worked well for me until she changed her hours. How do some of these groomers expect you to work around their daytime hours?

I like being able to leave Loki for only an hour, but I HAVE to get a Saturday appt or otherwise I have to make my husband take him at lunch! The thing is, if I didn't work all day I'd just groom him myself!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!