View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 09:54 AM   #10
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyNTuckersMom
Recently on Inside Edition, they showed dogs that were injured or killed while at the groomers. Story at:
http://insideedition.com/ourstories/...px?storyid=403
I have 2 puppies that I have not yet taken in for a real grooming, somewhat because this story freaked me out. I was at a Petsmart recently, just watching thru the glass windows. You cannot see the dogs getting bathed or dried, just trimmed/brushed on the tables. And the groomers would walk away and leave the dogs just standing there. It made me wonder about my puppies... they tend to want to follow me where ever I go. I could see them wandering off the table after the groomer and getting hung.
How do you go about finding a reliable groomer in your area? I eventually feel I could do this myself, but I'd like to see some professional grooming first.

Teresa
There are videos that show you how to do the vrious breeds. I'm sure you could learn, it might not be perfect at first but they don't care.

I have never taken a dog to a groomer. I used to give my past yorkies puppy cits in the summer, just by using a scissors and my fingers as a length guide. I took the hair between my fingers and cut it that short.

If I were showing them, it would be different.

Also, I hve a dog clippers, but prefer to use the same Whal clipper that I use for my husband.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!