View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 06:42 PM   #1
Oscar's Mummy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Poor wittle Oscars

Poor Oscar is not having a fun time at all tonight... Around 6pm he started doing what I thought was just the reverse sneeze - kindof bobbing his head in and out as he licked his lips/stuck his tongue in and out, etc. He wasn't making any coughing sounds though, it was quiet. I dont know if I'm explaining this right... Every once in a while he would start making like a gagging sound I guess (definitely NOT a goose honk type sound). So, this has been going on for... about 4 hours now I guess. But I took him outside and he ran around and played like normal - actually seemed to stop the weird breathing thing while we were outside, but resumed when we came back in. He ate tonight too with no problems. He's been sleeping off and on and when he does get to sleep, he breathes normally. When he wakes up, he does the weird breathing thing.
I'm wondering if there might be something stuck in his throat? But if there was, I would have thought that he would be coughing and eventually throw up to get it out...
I'm worried about him... and I really hate the ER vet around here (it's far, but the only one around) - I don't trust the staff (they're the ones who mis-diagnosed Ruthie before saying she had pink eye when she had a corneal laceration). Anyways... does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!